Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Webtool

http://www.visuwords.com/?word=tired

This site is a really interactive and aesthetically pleasing thesaurus. I think that this website could be really useful for students who are writing an essay or a poem and often times get in the routine of using the same words and repeating words throughout the assignment. The website allows students to type a word in and from that word creates a chart that has many words that are similar to, the opposite of, related to or is kind of like and provides a color coordinated web of word types and similarity to the original word. I definitely think that this site could be useful in the classroom and really help students expand their vocabulary and understand the English language better. I can definitely see myself using this tool in the classroom and I really hope that teachers show this to students because this is a skill that is not thoroughly developed in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment